August 15th, is a day to take a day off from your daily routine and relax with your family. Just put your feet up and relax because it is Relaxation Day. However, the origin of this fun holiday is not known, though it is an idea that the holiday began as National Slacker Day in Britain.
In a hustle and bustle of their daily lives, most people often forget to slow down and take some time for themselves and their family. Though this creates stress and other stress-related health issues like high blood pressure and heart problems, people are not keen to take at least a small break for themselves.
Take a Break
Relax... and do whatever that you feel like doing on this day and what relaxes you more, even if it is for a short while.
- Take a bath or go for a swim.
- Stretch or meditate.
- Utilize this day to do a digital detox. Stay away from the computer, put away your phone and stay away from all social media interactions. This will help you feel the stress melt away.
- Go to a spa for a day full of pampering and have some me time. You can also gift Spa appointments for your parents as well.
- Go for a leisurely walk in a park or through a garden, stop and smell the roses, walk barefoot on the grass or have a small picnic by yourself.
- Read a book or a magazine while nature-watching; or go for a good drive with your peers.
- Spend time with your family, friends and pets.
- Learn a new skill like knitting or playing golf and continue it in your leisure's.
Take a Deep Breath
Relaxation Day is a reminder for all us that sometimes it is okay to take a deep breath, slow down and take it simple - not only does relaxation make us feel better about yourself, but it can also have long-term health benefits too.
Did You Know...
...that in physics and chemistry, relaxation is a perception which refers to the movement of a system or a procedure from a state of disorder or disturbance to equilibrium?